compensation: $27.00 Per hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
REGIONAL TRANSFER DRIVER (SUPER B)
Convoy Supply is Canada’s largest wholesale distribution company serving building envelope professionals. Our commitment to exceeding expectations among our customers is the cornerstone philosophy of the company. We are proud of the relationships that we have built over the past four decades with customers and suppliers alike, and are honoured by the friendships we share. Since we opened for business in Prince George, BC in 1972, Convoy has grown to 35 locations across Canada, including our Simplex Tapered Insulation facility in Ontario, and 8 in the Pacific Northwest USA.
We are currently seeking a Regional Transfer Driver with Super B experience for our Prairie region.
As a professional Super B driver, you provide a key role in the company that is critical to our branch customer service goals and success. Always striving, we are looking for more of the right people to join our team of “champions”. Your primary responsibility is to transport construction materials within our Regional Branches safely and on time. Your position plays a key responsibility in supporting our branches by providing a great relationship with our customers. As a professional driver you are responsible for presenting yourself in a professional manner as well as ensuring your truck is in compliance with all D.O.T. regulations and company policies. Drive weekly round trip through Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba servicing our seven prairie branches. Monday to Friday (working up to 14 hours per day).
- Excellent history with customer service and professionalism in customer relations
- Class 1 drivers license with 5 years experience operating articulated tractor with Super B trailer combination
- Able to produce a clean 5 year commercial abstract (CVOR)
- Adhere to all D.O.T and company policies
- Knowledge and practice in North American Hours of Service regulations
- Knowledge, competency and ability to consistently practice North American Load Securement Regulations
- Knowledge in North American legal truck weights and weight displacement
- Must have clean Criminal Record and able to cross US Border
- Ability to maintain security of cargo
- Able to speak, read and write fluently in English
- Basic mathematic skills
- Able to twist, bend, crouch, kneel, stand and lift up to 36kg (80 lbs)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers