number available: 60 venue: Scarboro Community Association
QR Code Link to This Post
Need more touch and connection in your life?
Shine a light on loneliness and isolation and join us for an evening of authentic connection, platonic touch and joyful interaction. We’ll explore communication and consent in a gentle, playful and hands-on way. Connect with others, feel and know your truth, ask for what you want, say yes, say no and enjoy nurturing cuddles in community.
The evening begins with an opening circle and a 30 minute workshop on boundaries that will ease you into the beautiful world of platonic cuddling. Then the evening opens up for 2 hours of free-style cuddling! This can include giving and receiving hugs, spooning, massage, snuggling, holding hands, kindness and caresses. It can also include snuggling up alone and reading a book, taking a nap, sharing a laugh, enjoying conversation and connection with or without cuddling.
You don’t have to cuddle anyone or do anything you don’t want to do at Cuddle Club.
This is a non-sexual event. In our culture cuddling and sexuality have been married. There is an assumption that cuddling will lead to sex. This is not true and what we learn in this space will help break down the old paradigm and teach you a new way to be.
Here are the rules of Cuddle Club in a nutshell
1. Respect confidentiality
2. Be true to yourself and honour each-other ’s boundaries.
3. This event is non-sexual- it’s ok to be attracted or aroused but never ok to act on arousal.
4. Communicate clearly by asking for what you want and saying yes or no according to your truth. * Don’t say maybe, that’s not a clear answer
5. You have permission to feel all of your feelings.
When – Friday, June 28th from 7–10pm
* The doors open at 6:45 pm allowing 15 minutes to arrive and settled in. The opening circle will start at 7pm. The doors close at this time and there will be no entry past 7pm. This creates comfort and safety by knowing that everyone in attendance is on the same page about rules and expectations.
Where – Scarboro Community Centre at 1727 14 Avenue SW
(Please park in the parking lot located on the south side of the hall. You can access this via 15th Ave.)