MAXIMUS is an industry leader in the provisioning of products and services to support the delivery of government services in North America and internationally. With operations across Canada and around the globe, MAXIMUS provides innovative, practical and meaningful solutions to help government programs and services function more effectively and efficiently.
We are constantly assessing new technology, processes and methods of delivering services to the citizens of Canada. With our expertise in program information management, claims processing, contact centre services, document processing and information technology, we are positioned for significant growth.
MAXIMUS Canada offers competitive market-based salaries, comprehensive employer-paid benefits and a defined-benefit pension plan or a Group RSP with employer-matching contributions, for eligible employees. Our people also get some great perks too, such as employee appreciation events throughout the year, along with a supportive results-oriented work environment.
Join us here in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia to experience the best of the West Coast lifestyle. You will work in an environment that will challenge you and reward your achievements. Your downtime can be spent exploring all the West Coast has to offer – scenic beauty, culinary experiences, cultural events and outdoor activities. We have it all! Located in the heart of downtown, our location offers easy access to every amenity.
MAXIMUS Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At MAXIMUS Canada, we believe that our culture strengthens our commitment to Helping Government Serve the People. We foster a culture that respects and values individual contributions and differences. At MAXIMUS Canada we believe in the following four core values:
Our customers' business needs inform everything we do. We start by developing relationships built on trust and respect. We listen, and incorporate their diverse experience into our services and solutions, and we show our understanding with clear communication.
With decades of experience delivering government programs, we balance tried and tested processes with a desire for continuous improvement. We take the time to plan and benchmark our performance – it's the path to success.
Results and Delivery
Great results depend on setting high, measurable standards of excellence and achieving the numbers. We challenge each other and hold one another accountable to our commitments.
A Great Place to Work
MAXIMUS Canada promotes a challenging work environment, empowering our employees to get the job done. If you want to work in an environment that recognizes and rewards accomplishments while caring about each other and the communities we serve, this could be the place for you.
The MAXIMUS Canada Project Management Office (PMO) is a strategic enabling body setup to assist projects within portfolios with the successfully execution and delivery of intended business value. The PMO consists of a team of Project Director and Project Manager Professionals responsible for managing projects from the exploration/pipeline phase through to project stabilization and transition to ongoing operations. The PMO works closely with other key project stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered to meet their intended business needs while utilizing best practices, solid project management principles and appropriate standards.
Working as an integral part of the project team and the PMO, the Junior Project Manager / Project Coordinator provides project support to project and portfolio level managers and directors.
• Providing project support to project and portfolio level managers and directors.
• Working with other project team members to prepare project meeting minutes, actions.
• Assisting project, program and portfolio managers and directors to track and manage resource allocation, deliverable timelines, risks, and issues.
• Tracking, monitoring, and updating the status of deliverables and managing the deliverable workflow and signoff process.
• Translating/preparing project status and dashboards.
• Assisting with the maintenance of a library of PMO documents and building a repository of project templates to support project managers.
• Updating and keeping current the organization's PMO documentation and supporting materials.
• Creating and maintaining project documentation, including timelines, resource plans, and meeting minutes.
Education and Experience
• University degree/technical diploma, or a combination of education and experience
• 1-2 years’ experience in a project based environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Project Management: Must process solid understand of the project management and systems development life-cycles.
• Skills: Must have excellent working office methodology and associated tools.
• Organization: Must be extremely organized, capable of prioritizing multiple tasks and even projects.
• Data analysis: Must be comfortable using project management software programs to process data and interpret the results through critical thinking.
• Business knowledge: Must possess a solid understanding of MAXIMUS business and operational fundamentals.
• Communication: Must be able to collaborate at all levels, working with team members, senior management, and business owners to move projects forward. This requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Results and Delivery
• Defines appropriate goals
• Works toward achieving goals
• Articulates vision and steps for achievement
• Accountable to team
• Works to meet established deliverables
• Appreciates view of team members
• Builds strong relationships
• Is flexible/adaptable
• Works well with others
• Solicits feedback
• Acts with integrity and respect, in an open and direct manner
• Understand that we win and have fun together
• Cares about others and the communities we serve
• Takes the time to properly plan
• Data-driven and detail-focused
• Seeks out opportunities for continuous improvement
• Understands the balance between our capabilities, the customer’s expectations, and the parameters in which we operate
• Uses open, honest communication to develop relationships built on trust and mutual respect
• Seeks to incorporate the experience of our diverse customers
• Builds relationships through personal credibility, as opposed to formal authority
We will be accepting applications until 9:00pm (PST) on Wednesday, June 19, 2019.
An eligibility list may be established for this, or similar vacancies within the company.
Please note that while all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
In confidence, please call or apply online Quoting: Junior Project Manager