MAXIMUS Canada is an industry leader in the provisioning of products and services to support the delivery of government services in North America and internationally. With operations across Canada and around the globe, MAXIMUS provides innovative, practical and meaningful solutions to help government programs and services function more effectively and efficiently.
We are constantly assessing new technology, processes and methods of delivering services to the citizens of Canada. With our expertise in program information management, claims processing, contact centre services, document processing and information technology, we are positioned for significant growth.
MAXIMUS Canada offers competitive market-based salaries, comprehensive employer-paid benefits and a defined-benefit pension plan or a Group RSP with employer-matching contributions, for eligible employees. Our people also get some great perks too, such as employee appreciation events throughout the year, along with a supportive results-oriented work environment.
Join us here in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia to experience the best of the West Coast lifestyle. You will work in an environment that will challenge you and reward your achievements. Your downtime can be spent exploring all the West Coast has to offer – scenic beauty, culinary experiences, cultural events and outdoor activities.
We have it all! Located in the heart of downtown, our location offers easy access to every amenity.
MAXIMUS Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At MAXIMUS Canada, we believe that our culture strengthens our commitment to Helping Government Serve the People. We foster a culture that respects and values individual contributions and differences. At MAXIMUS Canada we believe in the following four core values:
Our customers' business needs inform everything we do. We start by developing relationships built on trust and respect. We listen, and incorporate their diverse experience into our services and solutions, and we show our understanding with clear communication.
With decades of experience delivering government programs, we balance tried and tested processes with a desire for continuous improvement. We take the time to plan and benchmark our performance – it's the path to success.
Results and Delivery
Great results depend on setting high, measurable standards of excellence and achieving the numbers. We challenge each other and hold one another accountable to our commitments.
A Great Place to Work
MAXIMUS Canada promotes a challenging work environment, empowering our employees to get the job done. If you want to work in an environment that recognizes and rewards accomplishments while caring about each other and the communities we serve, this could be the place for you.
The Application Developer is an IT specialist who participates in all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) to deliver various types of applications that address business requirements.
The position is required to be involved in multiple concurrent projects and 7x24 production support at the same time. The position requires good organization and technical skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team. Good communication skills are essential.
1. Collaborates with architects, business system analysts and testing specialists to deliver high quality solutions
2. Design and develop custom code application features and functions to technical and functional programming standards
3. Creates required documentation, design documents and participates in peer reviews;
4. Assist and troubleshoot current application issues
5. Assist in developing testing scenarios and test plans
6. Monitor the application and recommend upgrades and efficiency alternatives to the application
7. Provides full production support activities and takes part of 7x24 on call support for PharmaNet and Fair Pharmacare systems
Education and Experience
• At least five years or more application development experience from concept of design, testing, implementation and production support
• At least five years or more experience and strong knowledge on below technologies/methodologies:
1. Java (html, CSS), eclipse/STS (spring tool suite). MS VS Code familiarity and Sprint security knowledge
2. API designing and development: Restful, SOAP web services using JSON, ORDS, XML, Weblogic
3. SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Database, Data Modelling, Database Performance tuning and building SQL program packages
4. Python, Perl, Powershell and similar scripting programming language experience
5. Strong Unix system and Unix command line experience
6. DevOps tools: Bigbucket/GIT, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Splunk
7. Agile Development
• Relevant degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent
• Object-oriented design and implementation and common design patterns skills required
• Experience in DEVOPS methods of automation such as Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, Ansible or equivalent
• Experience with test-driven development
• Experience in batch-driven processes
• Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases and SQL
• Experience working in the BC government environment and in the Pharmaceutical Health industry preferred
• Experience on Angular, OpenShift, Oracle Scheduler and APEX development would be a bonus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) to deliver applications that address business requirements
• Application maintenance, production systems support, designing and developing solutions using various programming languages and DEVOPS processes
• Work independently on small application releases or as part of a project team on larger application releases
• Critically analyze application requirements and devise sound solutions to business challenges based on MAXIMUS BC methodologies, Data Quality principles and industry standards
• Develop logical and physical design specifications, architecture diagrams, executable code, and unit/ integration test plans as well as maintenance and production support activities
• Possess good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, team based system support and deliverables-oriented work environment
• Experience supporting mission critical applications
• Problem solver with the ability to methodically analyze and resolve programming challenges
• Must be comfortable seeking peer and supervisory guidance on complex application challenges must have a desire to learn applications being supported
Results and Delivery
• Defines appropriate goals
• Works toward achieving goals
• Articulates vision and steps for achievement
• Maintains current understanding of technical processes and equipment
• Uses technology to increase performance and productivity
• Understands the balance between our capabilities, the customer’s expectations, and the parameters in which we operate
• Uses open, honest communication to develop relationships built on trust and mutual respect
• Seeks to incorporate the experience of our diverse customers
• Builds relationships through personal credibility, as opposed to formal authority
• Takes the time to properly plan
• Data-driven and detail-focused
• Seeks out opportunities for continuous improvement
• Maintains confidentiality
An eligibility list may be established for this, or similar vacancies within the company.
Please note that while all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in confidence Quoting: Java/SQL – Full Stack Developer by applying online to: