Reports to: Director of Business Systems Analyst, Pharmacare
Worker Category: Regular, Full-time
Location: Move to Victoria, BC
Maximus Canada is an industry leader in the provisioning of products and services to support the delivery of government services in North America and internationally. With operations across Canada and around the globe, Maximus provides innovative, practical and meaningful solutions to help government programs and services function more effectively and efficiently.
We are constantly assessing new technology, processes and methods of delivering services to the citizens of Canada. With our expertise in program information management, claims processing, contact centre services, document processing and information technology, we are positioned for significant growth.
Maximus Canada offers competitive market-based salaries, comprehensive employer-paid benefits and a defined-benefit pension plan or a Group RSP with employer-matching contributions, for eligible employees. Our people also get some great perks too, such as employee appreciation events throughout the year, along with a supportive results-oriented work environment.
Join us here in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia to experience the best of the West Coast lifestyle. You will work in an environment that will challenge you and reward your achievements. Your downtime can be spent exploring all the West Coast has to offer – scenic beauty, culinary experiences, cultural events and outdoor activities. We have it all! Located in the heart of downtown, our location offers easy access to every amenity.
Maximus Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At Maximus Canada, we believe that our culture strengthens our commitment to Helping Government Serve the People. We foster a culture that respects and values individual contributions and differences. At Maximus Canada we believe in the following four core values:
Our customers' business needs inform everything we do. We start by developing relationships built on trust and respect. We listen, and incorporate their diverse experience into our services and solutions, and we show our understanding with clear communication.
With decades of experience delivering government programs, we balance tried and tested processes with a desire for continuous improvement. We take the time to plan and benchmark our performance – it's the path to success.
Results and Delivery
Great results depend on setting high, measurable standards of excellence and achieving the numbers. We challenge each other and hold one another accountable to our commitments.
A Great Place to Work
Maximus Canada promotes a challenging work environment, empowering our employees to get the job done. If you want to work in an environment that recognizes and rewards accomplishments while caring about each other and the communities we serve, this could be the place for you.
The Pharmaceutical Services Segment is a part of the MAXIMUS Canada IT department. The Pharmaceutical Services team is responsible for information management and information technology processes and supporting technical applications in the PharmaCare domain on behalf of our client, the B.C. Ministry of Health.
The team provides full cycle of the application management services in the PharmaCare business domain including development of new solutions and integration of COTS products, as well as Production Support and maintenance functions such as system enhancements and bug fixes.
A key component of the PharmaCare domain is PharmaNet, the provincial Drug Information and Pharmacy Claims and Payments system. PharmaNet is a 24x7 system which provides access to a centralized repository of patient medication profiles to authorized health care practitioners. All community pharmacies in B.C. connect to PharmaNet, as well as a large number of community practitioner offices, hospitals and emergency departments.
The Pharmaceutical Services team Business Systems Analysts and Testers work with their counterparts in the Development, Infrastructure, PMO and Operations business units to ensure PharmaNet runs smoothly, without interruption, and meets all of its Service Level Requirements.
The role of the Capacity Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is to support the PharmaCare business domain in responding to requests, supporting annual and recurring activities, documenting procedures, and defining requirements, design, and testing artifacts for waterfall, hybrid and Agile initiatives. The BSA must be hands-on and work collaboratively with the client and end-users, development and technical teams, and other key stakeholders to effectively capture key deliverables and work products, and to translate technical requirements to non-technical staff, support testing, training and other related activities. The BSA will communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to the client and other areas of the organization.
• Elicits and effectively captures requirements and design from key stakeholders and end users in support of waterfall, hybrid, and Agile initiatives.
• Processes and monitors Service Requests and Work Orders, and responds to questions in support of PharmaCare domain.
• Documents and updates processes and procedures for PharmaCare domain for annual processes and common activities.
• Leads and participates in annual and recurring activities and service requests in support of PharmaCare domain.
• Develops business process models, use cases, requirements, user stories, and design artifacts.
• Creates effective use cases and defines all of the key actors, and systems in order to achieve the desired goals.
• Visually creates UML models using industry standards in order to visually capture the design of various systems.
• Creates and executes effective test cases and test scenarios for waterfall, hybrid, and Agile projects.
• Create test scenarios, test scripts, test cases, and test data
• Create automation testing scenarios to ensure compliance with coding standards
• Development Testing Applications in Oracle Database, SQL Developer, and PL/SQL tools
• Develop QA Automation testing scenarios using automation tools such as: Borland/Micro Focus or smart Bear tools suite is an asset
Education and Experience
• Degree from an accredited college or university, with major coursework in systems analysis, information systems, computer science or a related field, and have experience successfully implementing and supporting enterprise applications.
• The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in an identical or similar role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Requirements Elicitation and effectively capturing requirements and design artifacts
• Business Process Modeling
• Use Cases and UML Modeling
• Requirements Tools
• Basic SQL skills
• Experience with the application landscape that supports the British Columbia Ministry of Health
• Health Insurance or Pharmacy Industry
• Agile project experience
• Testing and Quality Assurance
• HL7 messaging and XML scripting
Results and Delivery
• Defines appropriate goals
• Works toward achieving goals
• Articulates vision and steps for achievement
• Maintains current understanding of technical processes and equipment
• Uses technology to increase performance and productivity
• Understands the balance between our capabilities, the customer’s expectations, and the parameters in which we operate
• Uses open, honest communication to develop relationships built on trust and mutual respect
• Seeks to incorporate the experience of our diverse customers
• Builds relationships through personal credibility, as opposed to formal authority
• Takes the time to properly plan
• Data-driven and detail-focused
• Seeks out opportunities for continuous improvement
• Maintains confidentiality
We will be accepting applications until 9:00 pm (PST) on Wednesday April 13, 2021.
An eligibility list may be established for this role.
Please note that while all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please send your resume in confidence Quoting: Business Systems Analyst (BSA) by applying online to: