Employer: 1294711 Alberta Ltd. o/a City Fish
QR Code Link to This Post
Address: Bay 8, 3515 – 27th Street NE, Calgary, AB T1Y 5E4
Contact Person: David Yip
Email: show contact info
City Fish has been in the wholesale and distribution business since 1985. For over 34 years, we pride ourselves in providing supreme quality fresh, frozen and live seafood to a wide variety of food service operations in Calgary and its surrounding areas including but not limited to supermarkets, restaurants, entertainment establishments and institutions.
City Fish began its business as a small family retail store and has since flourished into a complete wholesale distribution centre. Our suppliers are located in the East and West coast of Canada and as far as South America, New Zealand and the Far East.
At City Fish, customer service is our top priority. Our professional and friendly staff are here to help provide a one-stop shop solution for your business. We offer a daily delivery service via our fleet of refrigerated trucks to local customers across the Alberta region.
1294711 Alberta Ltd. o/a City Fish is looking for a full-time permanent warehouse supervisor to join our busy team located in northeast of Calgary.
Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor (NOC 1215)
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full-time (35 hours per week), Shift, Weekend, Morning, Day, Afternoon
Hourly Wage: $25.00
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Work Location: Bay 8, 3515 – 27th Street NE, Calgary, AB T1Y 5E4
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise and co-ordinate work schedules and work activities of staff.
• Ensure the daily delivery is arranged properly
• Co-ordinate activities with other work units
• Manage day to day operations of Inventory Control Units
• Prepare day by day reports of entire process
• Sort and organize incoming goods.
• Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area
• Resolve any issues (i.e. Shortage of stock)
• Monitor inventory process at the facility to insure timely updating and accuracy.
• Assist in recruiting/ hiring and training of new staff.
• Maintain inventory and ensure items are in stock by placing orders.
• Prepare reports regarding sales volumes, merchandising and personnel matters.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
• Secondary school (senior high) graduation is required
• Previous experience in warehouse settings is required;
• Knowledge of various seafood products and good understanding of the respective storage requirements
• Ability to build and maintain good relationship
• Strong organization and effective oral communication skills
• Team player – positive, reliable and motivated
• Physically capable of performing the required duties, repetitive tasks and work on flexible hours by shift;
• Security and safety: basic security clearance.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
Fast paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Combination of sitting, standing and walking, Standing for extended period of time, Attention to details, Supervisory / readership skills.
Weight handling: up to 23kg (50lb)
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and would like to join and grow with 1294711 Alberta Ltd. o/a City Fish we encourage you to send us a Cover Letter and Resume by email to show contact info