compensation: Competitive salaries based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are a busy architectural woodworking and manufacturing company known for its over 50 years of experience in producing award winning, quality custom products. Our goal at Nikolai Manufacturing is to construct products that consistently exceed customer expectations.
If you’re passionate about creating high end millwork and woodwork products using the latest technology and want to be part of an exceptional team, we want to hear from you. We believe knowledge sharing is key to promoting development and advancement in our employees. We offer a full medical / dental benefits package and competitive salaries based on experience.
We are looking for a millwork estimator with a minimum of ten years of experience to join our team. You have a background in millwork, shop drawings, installation methods and a love for details and the craft. You like to work on interesting and challenging projects, and are able to work both independently, and as part of a team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Millwork Estimator must have strong written and oral communication skills and a demonstrated ability to think critically, evaluate and recommend alternatives, read blue prints and other architectural drawings, as well as effectively research information.
- Read and interpret architectural/ interior Design drawings
- Distribute administrative and project documentation upon award of projects.
- Perform accurate, detailed quantity take-offs from construction drawings and counts of architectural millwork items
- Obtain outside vendor/sub-contractor quotations
- Collaborate with general contractors/ design authority/architects, and clients
- Creating bid correspondence and submitting bid on time
- Organize bid documents, review, communicate and finalize all relevant information with director and/or manager to set project management up for success and for presentation to clients
- Present proposals after identifying materials, labour, timing, equipment, sub-contracts, financial exposure, production resource and cost estimates required to compile pricing for quotations and meet client needs
- Coordination of successful tenders from the shop drawing stage, through to the final installation on site
- Working with general contractor on all changes/ addenda
- Work with team to price and reprice change orders
- Keeping project documents updated
- Thorough understanding of every step in the millwork process from pre-construction through Installation
- Minimum 10 years in the millwork/ finish carpentry trade required
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel in particular)
- Detail orientated
- Extensive use of memory and diligent notetaking
- Professionalism and interpersonal communication proficiency
- Math proficiency in computational and geometrical applications
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to take ownership of your bid/ quote/ job
- Working knowledge of Bluebeam Revu and/ or Takeoff would be an asset
- Full training will be provided
Thank you for your application, unfortunately due to volume we are not able to respond to everyone. We will only be responding to those applicants being considered for the position.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers