Tenova TAKRAF is an integrated solutions provider to the global mining, bulk material handling and minerals industries, offering innovative technological solutions as well as process and commodity knowledge along the industry value chains.
QR Code Link to This Post
Tenova TAKRAF is the result of the successful merger of the historic TAKRAF and Italimpianti brands; as well as their underlying know-how, tradition and experience. Since the integration of the well-known Delkor brand of products into TAKRAF, the offered portfolio for the mineral beneficiation and processing sectors has been considerably enhanced.
The expertise of the different brands have made Tenova TAKRAF a key supplier of equipment and systems for open pit mining and bulk material handling worldwide – from overburden disposal, raw materials extraction, processing, storage and homogenizing to onward transportation or shipment.
We are currently looking to hire an entry level Accountant in our Burnaby office. The role & responsibilities are idntified below.
The Accountant performs a variety of accounting activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards to control the organization's financial resources and ensure that it complies with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements, including but not limited to:
Role & Responsibilities:
• Collect, compile, verify, and analyze financial information and prepare financial reports and accounting statements, including profit and loss statements ,balance sheets, depreciation statements, cash flow, debtor and creditor lists, repayments schedules, regulatory reports and filings, so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making financial decisions
• Provide technical accounting advice within area of expertise to functional or operational areas managers to help them develop revenue and expense budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities.
• Prepares monthly reporting process – SAP to Management Reporting for Bank Statements, Cash Flow and SG&A
• Assures accounting records are prepared and maintained in accordance with the organizations accounting policies, chart of accounts and related accounting principles and practices and in addition that subordinate ledgers reconcile with the general Ledger
• Maintenance of fixed assets records and related depreciation accounts; provides interpretive assistance as to the proper capitalization/expensing of outlays and grouping of fixed assets.
• Maintain inventory records, entry of vendor and client accounts in SAP
• Complete and analyze ledger entries, bank statements, inventories, expenditures and other accounting and financial records, documents and systems to ensure financial recording accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards
• Responsible for GST/HST/PST reconciliations and filings
• Code, total, batch, enter, verify and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, and bank statements
• Maintain and balance various accounts
• Compile data and prepare statistical, financial and accounting reports
• Support in compiling and uploading reports into systems
• Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
• Prepare FX adjustments
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent organizational, and written and verbal communication skills are required
• Must be a team player: willing to continuously and proactively collaborate, share, and seek information and guidance;
• Ability to navigate SAP Project Systems – create project structures
• Proven customer service skills
• Must have excellent communication skills and be capable of interacting with peers, project managers, site managers and clients
• Attention to detail and deadline orientated
• Strong excel skills
• Must possess initiative, good decision-making skills, and strong problem solving abilities
• Results orientated
• Must be able to manage and analyze large amounts of data
• Proactive and entrepreneurial approach
• Industry related knowledge
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in B.Comm, Accounting, Finance
• CA, CPA, CMA or CGA designation
• 2 plus years of experience in an Accounting role in a similar industry
• SAP experience a definite asset
• Possess working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
Valid driver’s licence, able travel without restrictions, ability to work in Canada